Thursday, March 10, 2005

Worlds Colliding

So listening to the radio today, I chanced upon "Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield, which I love. It has to do with this mythic Mix Tape that my Dad made for this trip to Baja in 1982, and event which still retains the title of Best Family Trip Ever. So whatevs, singing along in my mind, and the song ends, and I realize that I'm listening to Indie 103, and more specifically, Jonsey's Jukebox. That means that Steve Jones, a member of The Sex Pistols, was playing Rick Springfield for the listening pleasure of his radio audience.

I'm sorry but I just can't wrap my head around that. If those two musicians had a mano a mano encounter back in 1982, let's say while riding ATVs in Baja, I can only imagine that Jonesy would in a matter of seconds, jump off his ATV, wrestle Rick to the ground, and stab him in the eye with a disembodied foot Jonsey'd felt the need to cut off a chicken he'd seen running around in front of a fireworks stand. Never in a million years would I think he'd be promoting that music to the peoples of LA and Orange County.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to introduce you to two bands from Wisconsin with new releases:

ON A SUN: www.sonicbids.com/onasun is releasing their debut CD, "Watershed" while The Mahp: www.themahp.com will release CD number two, "Stories."