Friday, March 11, 2005

Proustian Questionnaire

Ok, so can you tell that I just discovered that Vanity Fair has a new website?
Does this mean I'm going to have to do my own Proustian Questionnaire? I take myself way too seriously sometimes.

What is your most marked characteristic?
My mom says intensity.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Virtue (in the linguistically obsolete sense of manliness) tempered with the desire to serve others.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Being at peace with herself.

What do you most value in your friends?

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Inconstancy

What is your favorite occupation?
Learning.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

In which country would you like to live?
France and Brazil.

Who are your favorite writers?
Jean Echenoz, Eça de Queiros, E. M. Forester, Louis de Bernières, George Eliot, Paul LaFarge...too many to list.

Who are your favorite poets?
Elizabeth Bishop

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

Who is your favorite heroine of fiction?
Auntie Mame

Who are your favorite composers?
Lizst, Chopin, DeBussy...

Who are your favorite painters?
Kandinsky, Goya, Braque, Leger...I have favorites from most periods of Art History, with the exception of Impressionism, which I cannot abide.

What are your favorite names?
So you can steal them?

What is it that you most dislike?

Which talent would you most like to have?
That femminine wiles/voodo thing best exemplified by Die Lorelei, my friend Stephanie and Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita.

How would you like to die?
Knowing that I did what I was sent here to do.

What is your current state of mind?
Impatient

What is your motto?
Everything is Better with Bacon.

No comments: