Thursday, March 10, 2005

I'm on capítulo tres...

Qur'an- Spanish Translation

Why am I doing this? Couple of reasons. To help me keep my Spanish up. Ever since the mission, I always read the Book of Mormon in either Spanish or French. Also because I'm kinda way into that whole Medieval Arabic Influence on Spain--partially because of the Family History thing--I'm descendant from Ferdinand III (The Saint) of Castile and Leon.

And also because I believe that the problem with the Arab world today is that so many followers of Islam are illiterate, and not able to read the words of the Qur'an for themselves. Instead, they rely on what others tell them Islam should be, and as a result it has become a twisted version of what was is in reality a peaceful, charitable religion. We would all benefit from having read it, so we can understand eachother.

No comments: