Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Rita's Water Ice

A discussion with a friend today about Lancaster County Ice Cream (Produced by the Amish...I tried to find a site to make a link, but then it occured to me that the amish more than likely wouldn't HAVE a site...) made me a little nostalgic for Rita's Water Ices that I enjoyed so much while I was in Philly. There was nothing like slurping down a passion fruit gelato made fresh from the fruit after a long hot day tracting the Philly streets in bass flats, panty hose and a DRESS! Open from like April to October, the seasonal treats made my day more than once. I even ate a modified philly sandwich today and pondered going back there for the first time in 7 years. Gads.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I've got to check out these Rita's Water Ices. Better yet, come out and we can daytrip up there.

Besides, we can make your lifetime dream of running through a horse plowed field in Lancaster County a reality.