Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm a little bit country...A VERY LITTLE BIT!

Sometimes we need to be reminded of who we are and where we come from. Me, I'm really just a rodeo queen at heart, and I watch the tv show to prove it: Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge. Two weekends ago my sister and best bud and I were bored out of our gourds. We'd already done the dinner and a movie thing, and the tv thing was looking so bleak we actually ventured above BBC America, channel 223. Little did we know on CMT (channel 234...eek!) we were about to discover a late night marathon of d-list celebrities (including musical has-beens from two decades, celebuspawn, various athletes and a Baldwin brother) actually acquiring a skill set and...maybe even some character. We stayed up until 1:30 am the next day watching them learn the ropes, try to out-macho bluster each other and actually last 8 seconds on the back of massive steers.

For those that don't know, Ty Murray is the Roger Federer of Bull Riding who has somehow managed to not propose to Jewel Kilcher for 9 years. Watching him coach the celebs in these episodes was like learning at the foot of the barnyard Buddha. With each plain-spoken tough guy cowboy koan, I could feel the marrow cells in my bones triple in production. If all 535 members of the senate and congress were just replaced by genetic replicas of Ty Murray, our country would have no more problems. I'm totally there for another season of this show, should one be ordered. I will not however, be watching Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team 2.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Ah, Ty Murray.