Saturday, July 02, 2005

Light in the Piazza



I just saw this film on Friday afternoon (thank goodness for bosses being in Hawaii...) and was delighted. Set in Firenze and featuring a great performance by Olivia de Havilland, its concept was original and fresh. Who knew that a stage version of it won a grip o' Tony Awards this year? I could have done without George Hamilton as Fabrizio, the Italian suitor, but breaking my streak of never having seen him in anything was worth it.

I saw him in Palm Springs when I was in like 7th grade, but I didn't even know who he was, my aunt had to say he was a celeb. She wanted me to get his autograph, but no way was I approaching LEATHERFACE. And that guy from South Pacific plays Hamilton's dad, and I really want an Italian like that, let me just tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ive often wondered if George Hamilton's tanning booth has shed skin all around it like a snake....